AnyNotes is a powerful personal information manager (PIM). Store texts, images, Internet bookmarks and pages, links to files, OLE objects and attached files in a tree-like database of Folders and Notes.
Unlike most PIMs, AnyNotes represents data in the triple-paned Explorer-like interface. The "tree" pane shows the expandable tree of folders. The "list" pane shows the contents of the current folder, including notes and subfolders. The "edit" pane shows the text of the current note and allows to edit it. The three-paned interface allows to easily deal with huge databases, representing them in a compact observable form.
The most important AnyNotes features are:
- One-click memorizing of a web page with its HTML contents, graphics, URL and title.
- One-click creation of a note holding the clipboard text contents.
- Bookmarking web page by dragging its URL from Internet Explorer or Netscape Communicator
and dropping it onto the AnyNotes icon in the Tray.
- Fast global search by text context, dates or a set of attributes.
- Protecting particular notes with a strong cryptographic algorithm.
- Multi-user support.
- Integrated backup system.
- Skinnable interface (12 skins included).
- Powerful print manager with the preview ability.